Meerkats 2017

A St John's Worksop Blog

Welcome Meerkats!

September4

I am so excited to start the new year with you

Did you know that Meerkats live in groups called ‘mobs’ which are made up of 2-3 families of meerkats. One mob shares a single burrow.

They are highly social animals and they like to play or groom each other.

Besides fun time, each member of the mob has its own duty which benefits the whole group.

When they hunt, some members look out for the predators, while others work on the hunting strategy.

In case of danger, meerkats alert other members of the mob using specific sounds.

What fun facts about Meerkats can you find out?

Mrs Holt

by posted under The Burrow | 14 Comments »
14 Comments to

“Welcome Meerkats!”

1. August 11th, 2014 at 7:57 pm      Reply Anonymous Says:
  2. September 14th, 2017 at 2:32 pm      Reply Sally Says:

Hello! It’s me Sally. I’m exited to be in year 4 with you this year! I hope you have a nice day! 😁😁

3. September 18th, 2017 at 1:10 pm      Reply Melvin Says:

Hi Mrs Holt,

We are having a great time on Abacus today.

I hope you are having a great time too?

from Melvin the Meercat x

4. September 18th, 2017 at 1:11 pm      Reply Bella and Isabella Says:

Hi its Isabella and Bella. We are very exited about meerkats class and we hope we will have a nice time.

5. September 18th, 2017 at 1:12 pm      Reply holly Says:

Hi Mrs holt

we love it in y4

6. September 18th, 2017 at 4:42 pm      Reply Erin Says:

Hello glad to learn about chocolate and to do the play of charlie and the chocolate factory by Roald Dahl

hope you have a nice year with us Erin
    😉 🙂

7. September 28th, 2017 at 6:41 pm      Reply Isabella Says:

Hello Mrs Holt it’s Isabella,
    I am really exited about the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory play, the National Space Center sleepover and the York Chocolate Experience. I can’t wait for everything that will happen in y4.

I really enjoy all of the work that we do. The homework is fun and the classes are great. I think you’re a lovely teacher and I hope me and the whole class enjoy y4.
    From Isabella.

• September 30th, 2017 at 7:30 am      Reply jholt Says:

It is fantastic to see you are so enthusiastic Isabella. I am also looking forward to all of our exciting experiences. It is going to be a busy, yet fun packed year.

Email will not be published

Website example